Arm and Leg Pain Treatment In Lincoln, NE
Arm and Leg Pain Specialist
The shoulder and hip joints are two of the most frequently used sets of joints in the human body. The symptoms of these injuries can range from mild discomfort to total immobilization. It can be tough to accurately self-diagnose arm and leg pain. If you have had an apparent injury, like joint stress from repetition, a dislocated shoulder, or pinching a nerve, then the immediate source of your pain is likely to clear. But if the pain in the legs or arms builds up over time without any apparent injuries, you might need a more comprehensive evaluation to figure out where it’s coming from.
Our arm and leg pain specialist, Dr. Shane Davidson DC focuses on addressing the root cause of your pain rather than simply providing temporary relief for your symptoms. This article goes through some of the most common causes of leg and shoulder pain, as well as how chiropractic adjustments may be used to treat them.
Symptoms Of Arm & Leg Pain
Arm and Leg Pain symptoms include:
- Sharp or dull pain in the arm and leg
- Numbness and Tingling in arm or leg
- Limited range of motion in limbs
- Sciatica pain in front or back of the thigh
- Pain in the arm that radiates to the shoulder or back
- Inability to bend or straighten the knee
- Cramps in calves or thighs
- Weakness in arms and legs
Causes Of Leg & Arm Pain
Leg pain can be caused by:
- Dehydration and Electrolyte imbalance
- Reactions to medication
- Cramps, fatigue, or strain in a muscle
- Nutrient Shortages
- Knee, Joint, tendon, or muscle injuries
- Injury or strain to hips or ankles
- Herniated disc and Sciatica
- Dislocations in spine
Chiropractic Care For Leg Pain
Due to the complexity of the human body’s joints, as well as the numerous potential causes for arm and leg discomfort, it is critical to see a medical expert. A chiropractor may evaluate your pain using a blended approach of a comprehensive overview of your medical background, a physical examination, and sophisticated imaging techniques. By making careful and noninvasive adjustments, chiropractors help the body heal by gently repositioning the vertebrae.
Dr. Shane Davidson DC, a chiropractor at Novo Chiropractic Lincoln clinic, provides several treatment paths for your leg pain. It is essential to get an assessment and a diagnosis so that the chiropractor can find the root cause of your pain. From there, treatment options include:
- Spinal adjustments to reduce inflammation and pain and to mitigate the effects of muscle spasms
- Chiropractic adjustments to keep your body in alignment. As your leg pain may come from spinal or nervous problems, spinal manipulation can help bring your entire body back into balance, relieving the pain in your legs.
- Massage might help reduce inflammation and spasms in your leg
Frequently Asked Questions About Arm And Leg Pain
Our doctors at Novo Chiropractic Lincoln have found over many years that misalignments (subluxations) of the vertebrae in the neck are responsible for the vast majority of arm and leg pain. When these bones are out of position and lose their ability to move properly, they often cause irritation to the surrounding tissues, including the nerves. Many people are surprised when they see that many of the nerves in our body travel from our spine all the way to the ends of our fingertips and toes.
As a result, injuries to the vertebrae in the spine can create the sensation of pain anywhere along our arms and legs. Through this pattern of treatment, patients at our office have experienced high levels of success through chiropractic treatment.