Back Adjustment In Lincoln, Nebraska
Lower Back Pain Specialist
Low back pain is a prevalent issue in industrialized countries, affecting a majority of individuals. Regardless of your overall health, it’s likely that you may experience back pain at some point in your life. This pain can take different forms, ranging from sharp shooting sensations to persistent dull aches. Dealing with chronic back pain can significantly impact your daily life and potentially result in additional complications if left untreated, as the pain can spread to the extremities.
While painkillers can offer temporary relief, addressing the root causes of back pain requires the expertise of a back pain specialist. Chiropractic back adjustments in Lincoln, Nebraska have proven to be highly beneficial in providing long-lasting relief from chronic back pain, benefiting millions of individuals.
The Back Specialist at our chiropractic practice in Lincoln, NE aims to guide you in the right direction for dealing with back pain through this article.
What Are The Symptoms of Back Pain?
Repetitive activities like lifting boxes or any heavy activity can trigger back pain. The cervical spine pain can be temporary or more prolonged and range from a slight muscle ache to a stabbing sensation.
Here are the various symptoms that back pain patients may experience:
- Pain in the lower portion of the spine, also known as lumbago, and legs that come with complex spine disorders
- Loss of feeling in legs or lower back
- Muscle spasms in the back, hips, or legs
- Upper back pain
- Shoulder pain
- Joint pain either at rest or during physical activities or both
- Cramps in the lower or upper back
- Stomach pain
- Dull pain in various areas of the body
- Leg pain in one or both legs
- Increased pain during menstruation in women
- Backache that won’t go away
- Pain around ribs and back
- Stiffness, numbness, and tingling sensation
What Causes Lower Back Pain?
The most common causes of lower back pain are injury of the back muscles and intervertebral discs. It’s in rare cases that congenital abnormalities and spinal irregularities are the cause. Some other activities can also trigger back pain:
- Improper lifting while doing exercise or work
- Poor posture when standing or sitting
- Lack of regular exercise
- A stress fracture or ruptured disc caused by injury
- Strain or Sprain that occurs during sports or other activities
- Sitting for prolonged periods
- Cramping, ligament sprain, or muscle spasms due to injury, dehydration, or nutritional deficiencies
- Joint pain conditions such as Sciatica, Scoliosis, and Arthritis
- Herniated disc due to trauma or injury
- Back joint dysfunction
When Do You Need Back Pain Treatment?
Consult a doctor immediately for back pain treatment if there is:
- Nagging pain that continues to progress with time
- Discomfort in other parts of the body caused by back pain
- Pain that radiates from the lower back to legs
- Pain that radiates from the upper back to arms
- Inability to get back pain relief from OTC or topical pain relievers
- Increased frequency and intensity of lumbar or thoracic pain
How to Get Relief From Back Pain at Home?
Quick back pain remedies for immediate relief include:
- Ice packs or heat
- Stretches and light exercises that target upper and lower back muscles
- Avoiding activities that aggravate back pain, such as heavy lifting or sudden twisting motions
- OTC pain relievers including ibuprofen and aspirin
Use medications only on a short-term basis. It is essential to see a back pain chiropractor before the symptoms progress and cause long-term damage.
Novo Chiropractic Lincoln: Relieving Back Pain with Back Adjustment in Lincoln, Nebraska
Dr. Shane Davidson DC at Novo Chiropractic Lincoln specializes in personalized back pain treatment. Our clinic offers comprehensive diagnosis through consultation, examination, and imaging. Benefit from our expertise and experience relief from back pain with our patient-centered approach.
We offer a range of treatment options for back pain, which may include:
- Spinal adjustments
- Laser therapy
- Changes to habits and lifestyle
- Workouts focused on core strength and stabilization
- Alternative therapies including acupuncture, massage, and physical therapy
Chiropractic treatment aims to accomplish several objectives, including relieving pain, reducing dislocations, improving range of motion, decreasing inflammation, preventing the need for surgery or medication, and safeguarding the spine from long-term damage. Contact us today if you are experiencing back pain in Lincoln.