Chiropractic Care Can Help In Managing The Bulging Disc Issues
By: Dr. Shane Davidson DC
When it comes to spinal disc pain, you will encounter plenty of terms that describe the issues. Like a pinched nerve, slipped, herniated, or a bulging disc. A bulging disc is a small structure that can cause a big problem. You will feel pain and discomfort associated with mobility issues. The aches can appear at any time.
But to know where the pain is coming from, you should know its source and learn to recognize the symptoms. If you are interested in learning more about bulging discs, you are in for a treat! Here is what a Lincoln Chiropractor has to say about managing the issue.
What Is A Bulging Disc?
The spine is made up of vertebrae and rubbery discs. Often confused with a herniated disc, a bulging disc means that the tougher outer layer of the spinal disc remains intact. But, there is no leakage inside the soft inner core. Instead, there is a bulge in the outer wall of the disc.
Think of the bulging disc like a car tire that’s letting its air out. The disc begins to sac and appears as if it is bulging outward. When there is a herniated disc, the outer layer is torn or damaged. This causes leakage inside the spinal canal.
The bulging disc is easy to recognize by the following symptoms:
- Muscle weakness
- Legs tingling
- Pain that radiates in the limbs
- Moving pain affecting the neck
- Bowel or bladder function changes
- Numbness in the extremities
Chiropractic Care For Bulging Discs
- Get advice from a Lincoln chiropractor and bring your X-ray or MRI scans if you have any.
- Work on the posture. It will ease the pressure when working, bending, or sitting.
- Amplify the core with Pilates or yoga. A routine such as this one can strengthen the leg and abdominal muscles.