Chiropractic Care After Car Accidents
By: Dr. Shane Davidson DC
If you’ve ever been in a major (or minor) car accident, you know that it can be a traumatizing and life-changing experience. Even accidents at low speed that cause minimal injury (or none that can be detected at the time) can be potentially harmful. An injury to your neck or spine can be masked by adrenaline and stress. In short, you may be injured and not know it yet. Contact our Licensed Chiropractor in Lincoln for more information.
The first 72 hours after a car accident are critical, and a common injury like whiplash can go undetected for hours, days, or even weeks. You may have whiplash if you are suffering from any of these symptoms:
- Blurred vision
- Neck pain
- Shoulder pain
- Reduced range of motion in the neck
- Arm pain
- Neck stiffness
- Lower back pain
Bear In Mind These 5 Facts About Car Accidents And Lincoln Chiropractic Care:
- If the car isn’t damaged, it doesn’t mean you are unscathed. The sudden back and forth whip can add much pressure to the neck. It might even damage the brain. A car accident injury like this may not be obvious straight away. But, Lincoln’s chiropractic care can help.
- Whiplash and shoulder injuries can happen, despite wearing a seat belt. It depends on the force of impact. A Lincoln chiropractor can ease the discomfort.
- With a minor accident, it can take the body 10 days to show any symptoms. This is why it often gets overlooked.
- Minor injuries can still be a problem. They can require 3 months of regular Lincoln chiropractic care.
- If the car accident causes unexpected neck and head movement, it can leave the muscles vulnerable. This time of vulnerability exposes the body to further damage. But, not something a Lincoln chiropractor can’t fix. So, it is critical to act as soon as you can.