Headache and Migraine Treatment in Lincoln, NE
Chiropractic Care For Headache And Migraine
In today’s world, many people feel a lot of stress and pressure. Because of this, they often get headaches. These can vary in how bad they are. Some can be bothersome, while others can be very painful and ongoing. If someone has frequent headaches, it’s important to seek help before it gets worse.
Migraine treatments from doctors focus on easing pain and stopping future attacks. Chiropractors, on the other hand, use methods like adjusting the spine and giving exercises to improve blood flow in the nervous system. This can help stop and prevent migraines.
If you’re seeking treatment for headaches in Lincoln, NE, a great chiropractor like Dr. Shane Davidson DC can help. He offers different treatments for various types of headaches, such as tension headaches, migraines, cluster headaches, thunderclap headaches, and hypnic headaches. Let’s learn about what usually causes headaches and how chiropractors help treat them.
Main Causes Of Headaches & Migraines
Headaches can come from different things like stress, anxiety, certain foods, and more. Extreme migraines can also have various causes. Sometimes, they can be severe due to specific reasons. Understanding these main causes of headaches and migraines can help figure out why they happen. Here are some main causes of headaches and migraines given below:
Main causes that can trigger headaches:
- Stress or depression
- Muscle tension & tightening
- Dehydration in body
- Poor sitting and standing posture
- Eye strain due to prolonged focusing or reading
- Excessive alcohol consumption.
- Certain foods & drinks
- Lack of sleep
- Weather or climate changes
- Caffeine Withdrawal
Main causes that can trigger that extreme migraine pain:
- Genetic problems can predispose migraines
- Hormonal changes (Especially in women during menstruation)
- Bright lights, loud noises, or strong smells
- Certain foods and drinks like chocolate, cheese, and alcohol
- Overuse of pain-relief medications
- Physical exertion or activities
- Sleep disruption & changes in sleep patterns or lack of sleep
- Environmental factors or bad air quality
- Emotional Triggers due to Stress, anxiety, or excitement
- Neurological changes or abnormal brain activity
How Can a Lincoln Chiropractor Help With Headaches & Migraines
A Lincoln chiropractor can assist in managing headaches and migraines by employing spinal adjustments, a key chiropractic technique. These adjustments focus on correcting misalignments in the spine, reducing tension, and enhancing nervous system function. By ensuring proper alignment, chiropractors alleviate stress on the body, which may significantly reduce the frequency and severity of headaches. Additionally, they offer guidance on posture, exercises, and lifestyle changes to complement these adjustments. This comprehensive approach aids in addressing the root causes of headaches.
By utilizing spinal adjustments and holistic recommendations, chiropractors strive to minimize headache occurrences and improve overall well-being. It’s advisable to consult with a chiropractic professional to devise a personalized treatment plan suited to individual needs in managing headaches and migraines.
Here are some most effective chiropractic techniques that can help in treating headaches and migraine issues.
- Spinal Adjustments
- Acupuncture Treatment
- Massage Therapy
- Relaxation Techniques
- Physical Therapy(Such as exercises, stretches & posture correction)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Nutritional Counseling
- Prescribed Medications
Frequently Asked Questions About Headaches
Are Chiropractors good for Headaches?
Many treatments are there in chiropractic care to treat headaches effectively, including spinal manipulation and massage therapy. Chiropractors can provide treatment after identifying the root cause of your headaches that seeks to address the cause rather than simply treat the symptoms.
Most headaches go away with proper care but in some cases, there can be more severe problems can occur if you ignore them such as Fever, Difficulty speaking, Weakness in arms, legs, or hands, Dizziness, Vertigo, Drowsiness, Chronic pain, fatigue.
Here are some natural remedies to do at home.
- Resting in a dark, quiet room away from any activity
- Taking a hot bath with Epsom salts
- Using OTC medications such as aspirin or ibuprofen
- Massaging your temples
- Placing an ice pack or cold, wet rag on your forehead or neck