Knee Pain Treatment in Lincoln, NE
Knee Pain Specialist
Knee pain affects people of all physical fitness levels. Knee pain most often happens after injury but can come on as a result of other causes. If you have knee pain and are seeking treatment, we have professional chiropractors that can help.
Our Dr. Shane Davidson DC, a knee pain specialist, is highly trained in various treatment methods and will be able to give a quick and thorough assessment. Call us at our Chiropractic office on 402-817-7373 for a consultation!
What Are The Symptoms Of Knee Pain?
There are a variety of knee pain symptoms, including:
- Inability to balance
- Stiffness or swelling in the knee
- Dull or aching pain around the knee
- Stabbing pain above or below the knee
- A knee that is warm to the touch
- Weakness in knee and legs
- Reduced range of motion in the knee
- Difficulty in walking
- Cracking sounds and feelings when moving the knee
Types Of Knee Pain
Some of the most common types of knee pain are:
- Knee osteoarthritis – standard wear and tear to the cartilage in the knee that comes with age and use
- ACL tear
- Meniscus tear
- Runner’s knee – damage to the knee that occurs from repeated impact
Causes Of Knee Pain
Causes of knee pain are abundant, but some common causes include:
- ACL Injury or tear – This is damage to the ligament that keeps the knee together during rotation
- Fracture to bones
- Torn meniscus – damage to the cartilage that helps absorb shock
- Knee bursitis – inflammation of sacs near the knee joint that help protect bones and tendons
- Patellar tendinitis – injury to the tendon that connects your shin to your kneecap (your patella).
- Gout and infections
- Ruptured ligament
- Torn cartilage
Long Term Problems Due To Untreated Knee Pain
It is not wise to ignore knee pain as it can lead to a range of long-term problems:
- Chronic pain in knee and leg
- Constant inflammation of joints in the knee
- ACL Tear
- Meniscus tear
- Permanent damage to joints
- Instability when walking
- Fractures that get worse with age
- Limited range of motion
Temporary Pain Relief
At Novo Chiropractic Lincoln clinic, we suggest some temporary solutions for Knee pain relief:
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen or aspirin
- Ice packs
- Heating pads
- Stretches or light exercises
- Elevating your knees to alleviate pain
Knee Pain Treatment In Lincoln, NE
Our doctors are standing by to provide you with a thorough consultation and assessment and discuss your treatment options if you seek knee pain treatment. At our Knee pain clinic, we have a team of chiropractors who can offer natural remedies and provide relief when you need it the most.
In our knee pain treatment in Lincoln, NE, we will diagnose your knee pain before treating it so you know that you are attacking the actual problem rather than just alleviating the symptoms. From here, we will give several options for treatment and allow you to choose the one you are most comfortable with.
Does Medical Insurance Covers Knee Pain?
Some medical insurance plans will cover knee pain treatment, but it is wise to check with your provider to make sure that you can get these benefits. Minor treatment may only require OTC drugs, and not all plans will pay for those. Your insurance company may cover knee pain caused by injury.
How Novo Chiropractic Lincoln Clinic Can Help In Knee Pain In Lincoln
Novo Chiropractic Lincoln is the top chiropractic clinic in Lincoln for Knee pain treatments. Dr. Shane Davidson DC is a highly rated chiropractor in Lincoln and specializes in Knee pain treatment.
Contact us today if you are experiencing knee pain in Lincoln.
Frequently Asked Questions About Knee Pain
- Pain upon movement – if it hurts when you move your knee in any way, it could be an injury
- Popping noises or feelings in the knee
- Heat or warmth on or around the area of the knee
- Bruising around knee
- Locking of the knee in a straight or bent position