Neck Pain Treatment in Lincoln, NE
Neck Pain Specialist
Neck pain is one of the most prevalent types of musculoskeletal problems, affecting many people. Neck discomfort that is mild may be a minor irritation, but if chronic neck pain goes untreated, it can advance to severe agony, headaches, arm discomfort, and eventually numbness, tingling, and debilitation.
Chiropractic care of neck discomfort is one of the most successful therapies, and it provides a non-invasive, safe alternative to prescription drugs or over-the-counter pain pills. Chiropractors are experts in relieving pressure on nerves and restoring proper alignment of the spine and vertebra. They can help reduce inflammation and muscle spasms, which can lead to significant relief from a pinched nerve causing shoulder and neck pain.
In this article, we will answer some key questions regarding neck pain: what causes it, when you should see a chiropractor, and how it may help alleviate your neck pain.
Symptoms Of Neck Pain
Neck pain has a wide range of symptoms, including:
- Sore or constant aching neck
- Neck pain that comes and goes
- Stiffness in neck
- Pain in the left and right sides also in the back of the neck
- Difficulty in moving neck
- Limited range of motion in the neck
- Numbness or tingling in the neck and surrounding area
- Inability to perform basic daily tasks due to pain
- Constant headaches and dull pain around the neck
- Sharp, stabbing pain in the neck
- Cervical pain (pain in vertebrae that extend into the neck)
Causes Of Neck Pain
Neck pain can be caused by:
- Prolonged straining
- Sleeping in uncomfortable positions and Poor Postures
- Herniated discs and Muscle strains
- Cervical radiculopathy, also known as a compressed nerve in the neck
- Wearing heavy necklaces or other items around the neck for prolonged periods
- Car accidents or Whiplash
- Mobile phone over usage, Untreated Accidents & Traumas
- Wear and tear on cervical discs, known as cervical spondylosis
- Joint issues and Abnormalities in the bone structure
Types Of Neck Pain
Some types of neck pain include:
- Axial neck pain – Pain in a specific part of the neck that does not radiate to other parts
- Radicular pain – occurs when a nerve in the spinal cord is inflamed, causing radiating pain
- Referred Pain in other body parts
Temporary Pain Relief
To ease neck pain fast, There are a few options for temporary relief:
- Alternate between hot and cold compresses on the affected area
- NSAIDs like aspirin or ibuprofen can be helpful for minor pain
- Use a neck massager or have someone else massage your neck
- Sleep without a pillow or purchase a pillow made for neck pain
Long Term Problems Due To Untreated Neck Pain
According to Dr. Shane Davidson DC, a Neck pain Doctor In Lincoln, NE, ignoring the pain in your neck can lead to a range of long-term issues:
- Degenerative disc disease, or osteoarthritis of the spine, when your cervical discs continue to deteriorate and lose cushioning
- Permanent weakness in the neck and upper extremities
- Herniated disc
- Chronic muscle pain and weakness
Neck Pain Treatment
If you are looking to find the cause of your neck pain and relieve your pain, chiropractic care can provide high-quality treatment and chiropractic neck adjustments. A chiropractor is a qualified, highly-trained professional who can assess your neck pain symptoms and offer various treatment plans to cure your pain and stiffness.
Whether you are experiencing minor neck pain that comes from sleeping in a funny position or severe neck pain from trauma or whiplash, we have the expertise to help at our Novo Chiropractic Lincoln clinic. Our thorough evaluation will determine the source and cause of your neck pain, and our treatment options will allow you to choose the route with which you are most comfortable.
You are not alone if you’re dealing with neck pain in Lincoln. Millions of people suffer from neck pain, never getting the care they need. For over one hundred years, chiropractors have been helping people with this condition. Our Lincoln chiropractors are specifically trained to help neck pain, and they have very high success rates. Read this article to learn what our team at Novo Chiropractic Lincoln can do to help you.
Neck Pain In Lincoln
It is impossible to help an individual with neck pain if you are not sure of the location of the problem. Lincoln chiropractors are trained in the use of a variety of diagnostic tools, which give them the ability to locate the source of neck pain. This comes as a great advantage when treating this condition.
The spine is one of the most complex areas of your body, with almost every systemic nerve running through it. Muscles connected to a region of the spine that is misaligned can spasm and tighten. This tightening is believed to be a defense mechanism of the body to protect the spine and spinal cord. Bad posture and repetitive motions with a bad posture are the most common cause of misalignments that can happen in the spine.
Many people let spinal problems go uncorrected. They hope that if they wait long enough, their neck pain will just go away. In many cases, it probably will go away, but the misalignment that caused the problem is still there. Over time that area will often become aggravated again, and the pain will return. Over time without correction, the problem can become much more serious. Some patients get to the point where surgery may be the only option.
Common Vs. Normal
If you have neck pain, don’t fall into the common vs. normal trap. The trap insinuates that because so many people have neck pain, it must be normal. Neck pain is very common, but it is certainly not normal. This type of reasoning is why we see so many people with problems that can no longer be corrected. You don’t have to become a statistic of neck pain. Take control of the problem before it’s too late.
The first time you’re in our office, we will begin with your health history. Our Doctor needs to understand your condition before he can properly help you. Our hope is that your recovery will be speedy and quick.
Don’t let yourself struggle with neck pain. The team at Novo Chiropractic Lincoln is here and excited to help you! Call if you have any questions. Today is the day to begin chiropractic care!