- Novo Chiropractic Lincoln is one of the leading chiropractic clinic.
- Dr. Shane Davidson DC is a trusted Lincoln chiropractor certified in Webster Technique and experienced in Chiropractic Care for pregnant women and children.
- Unlike traditional chiropractic, our chiropractic team helps you reach optimal health by working on your nervous system. A perfect chiropractic plan is prepared to work on after careful assessment of your overall health by our expert chiropractors.
- We use scientific neurology-based chiropractic adjustments, State-Of-The-Art technology, and the body’s power to achieve optimal health.
Dr. Shane Davidson DC
Doctor of Chiropractic
Lincoln, NE 68516
Awards & Recognitions
Why did you become a chiropractor?
I watched two of the closest people to me (my father and grandfather) endure immense back pain. After much medication and failed treatment, they both sought chiropractic care. My grandfather was saved from 2 aortic aneurysms, and my dad never experienced back pain again. It changed my life, and I wanted to share it with my community.
When did you first learn about chiropractic and decide to go to chiropractic college?
Chiropractic was first introduced to me after my family’s life changed. An extended family member introduced me to the impact of Chiropractic care. I was intrigued by the nervous system and its effects on every nerve, tissue, and muscle. The results were unlike any other health care profession. I attended the Palmer College of Chiropractic fountainhead in Davenport, Iowa.
What ailments do you treat?
As a neurologically based Chiropractor, we see virtually every ailment; headaches, allergies, infertility, carpal tunnel, plantar fasciitis, and even pregnant mothers. We find the root cause of the ailment and seek to allow the body to heal itself from the inside out.
Which chiropractic treatments do you specialize in?
We utilize multiple treatments in our office. We focus primarily on the Integrator. It makes adjustments to the spine, preventing unnecessary inflammation and providing long-term results. We also focus on biomechanics of the spine and how the body moves.
Why do you think chiropractic is effective?
The lives that are changed in our office are constant proof that Chiropractic is life-changing. Stories about infants regaining hearing and sleeping better, or a woman unable to walk, completing 3-5 miles daily, is the constant news in our office. Chiropractic will transform your health and help you reach your goals. The specificity and the detailed analysis we do is unlike anything else. We can find out what is causing dysfunction in the body and work from there.
List 10 favorite courses that you studied in chiropractic college
- Central Nervous System
- Peripheral Nervous System
- Gross Anatomy
- Spinal Anatomy
- Neuro Muscular Skeletal
Tell us about your most challenging treatment for a patient that gave you the most satisfaction
We had a 26-year-old patient that woke up one random morning and had radiating pain down the arm. They went to their primary care physician and were told to take ibuprofen and wear a neck brace. It didn’t help. The patient found us. We evaluated the spine and nervous entirety and found she had muscle weakness and neurological dysfunction. We took x-rays and an MRI and found a significantly large disc herniation that was missed entirely and disregarded. We consulted with a neurosurgeon to make sure there was no need for surgery because the pressure of the disc on the nerve was significant. We started adjusting the patient, and within 8 weeks, the patient had no pain. The patient is back to kickboxing and everyday life fully!
Who is in your family? How do you spend time with them?
I am married to my wife Anna, and we have a beautiful baby girl, Hadlee. We enjoy spending time together being active outdoors, walking or hiking, and being on the water. Additionally, as a family, we enjoy attending sporting events and other local entertainment. We love to travel!
What are your 3 most favorite things about your city?
I was born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska; therefore, I love Husker Athletics. I greatly enjoy the local trails that allow me to spend time with my wife and daughter. I also appreciate the variety of Cuisines that we have here in Lincoln. I love the homegrown feel.
What continuing education courses have you taken in the past years?
- Personal Injury Bootcamp – Triaging the Trauma and Non-Trauma Patient
- MRI Spine Credentialing
- Spinal Biomechanical Engineering
- Spinal Trauma Pathology
- Impairment Rating
- Accident Reconstruction
- Orthopedic Testing
- Electrodiagnostics: Electromyogram/Nerve Conduction Velocity (EMG/NCV) Diagnosis & Interpretation
- Concussion & Traumatic Brain Injury
- Spinal Disc and Ligaments; Neurology and Pathology
- Stroke Anatomy & Evaluation for Chiropractors and Manual Medicine Specialists
- Primary Spine Care 12: Case Management & Documentation
- Documenting Clinical Findings and Diagnosis
- MRI Spine Interpretation BASICS
- Interprofessional Hospital-Based Spine Care
- Integrating Nutrition into the Musculoskeletal Practice
What are the 3 research topics on chiropractic that you have read about in your career?
What associations are you currently part of or have been part of earlier?
- International Chiropractors Association (ICA)
- International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (ICPA)
- International Federation of Chiropractors and Organizations (IFCO)
What are the benefits of chiropractic adjustments?
Chiropractic adjustments have so many benefits. Overarching, we see our patients sleeping the best they have, noticing a significant improvement in their energy and mood throughout the day, and meeting goals set at the beginning of care. People are overall functioning better!
What are the top 3 things your patients like the most about you?
Our patients love the results they receive at our office and the ability to achieve their goals. Secondly, our patients feel educated, informed, and supported in their health journey. Thirdly, our patients love the atmosphere and energetic, positive feeling they get when they come.
How would you describe chiropractic to a new patient who has never heard about chiropractic?
Neurologically based Chiropractic Care focuses solely on the nervous system, which controls every aspect of your body. Realigning the spine and removing interference reinstates communication from the brain down to every part of the body; this allows the body to heal from the inside out and remove the pain or symptoms experienced.